Retail Finance Manager
Robert Walters is recruiting a Retail Finance Manager, to be based in Negola, Angola.
- In charge of the overall financial strategy
- Coordinates and supervises all financial and accounting operations e.g. credits, expenditures, account collection, sales, purchasing etc.
- Provides financial advice on the overall corporate financial position
- Manage the company’s accounting and financial control functions and teams
- Ensure the accuracy and timely preparation of monthly results, forecasts, yearly budget, 5-year plan and financial statements
- Analyse expenses in terms of actual outcome: contractual cost, benchmark, productivity, etc.
- Ensure proper treasury management including company funding, utilization of cash, banking relationship, etc.
- Effectively plan cash flow needs based on assumptions made and Identify risks and opportunity areas to the forecasts
- Review merchandise performance in terms of actual results: sales volumes, margins, supplier benefits%, cash flow from operations, etc.
- Review and challenge monthly results and forecasts of all the stores
- Develop/Guarantee the respect of procedures (including accounting procedures) across all the stores and head office
- Developing, enhancing and promoting a strong internal control environment throughout the company
- Provide ongoing performance related advice for the General Manager and other senior managers
- Ensure overall control of all financial transactions reporting to CFO
- Ensure respect of the regulatory requirements regarding all the company’s financial affairs
- Work with the retail Ops & Commercial teams to produce robust budgets and forecasts for all sales and cost areas
- Provide weekly performance reporting to the retail team highlighting trends and opportunities to assist in improving profits, margins and reducing costs
- Ensure all weekly/periodic data is collected and imputed and period end numbers produced
- Perform any other duties within the scope of work as assigned by your direct manager
- Set up and manage all back office activities related to Retail (Administrative, HR and IT) in connection with Angola Global Shared Service Centers & Group
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or similar; MBA is a plus
- 7 to 10 years of experience in Retail Finance Management
- Experience in Retail, in particular store and merchandise management
- Solid experience in ERP and POS systems
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly modelling in Excel
- Ability to conduct Investment appraisal processes and capital budgeting
- Good analytical thinking
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted
How to Apply