Area Sales Manager
British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is recruiting an Area Sales Manager, to be based in Benguela, Angola.
- Responsible in ensuring the achievement of volume and distribution objectives in territory
- Drive and oversee the execution of Trade, Brand and Key Account initiatives and convey a clear picture of current performance to team members
- Manage the productivity through the control of resources & operational budgets
- Drive implementation of Key Control Check-list within TM&D to minimize level of business risk to the company
- Deliver volume and operating profit targets for territory
- Custodian of all Distribution related information as well as performance tracking and reporting for respective territory
- Effectively develop and translate cycle plan initiatives into detailed operational plans to be promptly cascaded to respective teams for execution
- Collate information at all levels of the Secondary Supply chain for territory
- Analyze information and Insights against Key Performance Indicators, and detail to Head of Marketing proposed corrective actions to address any deviation
- Develop and manage an effective marketing team through formal and informal coaching, monitoring and training in sales and area coverage techniques
- Educate the retail trade with regards to product, right placement (planogram), pricing and communication at POS is adhered to
- Provide support to the trade through regular and accurate communication, problem solving, specialized advice and fair trade
- Responsible to own and team development with regards to trade marketing initiatives and tools provided by the business
- Provide leadership in the identification of opportunities and weaknesses in own area and ensure that issues are addressed in good time through adequate planning
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in TM&D management (with good knowledge of TM&D best practices) within FMCG industry
- Good understanding of the EMF II process in an organization
- In depth understanding of the consumer and purchasing behavior
- Proven track record in expense tracking, budget and internal controls
- Good understanding of the Supply Chain process (especially secondary Supply Chain)
- Understanding of Marketing Research tools and information analysis
- Business degree in Business Administration/Marketing MBA or any other relevant qualifications
- Computer Literacy and basic knowledge in MS Office package
- MXS Intro and TM&D module completed
- Good spoken and written Portuguese and English proficiency
- Basic Project Management knowledge, methodology and exposure (PRINCE2 an advantage)
- Familiar with IMS2 key aspects
- Demonstrate good people and strategic leadership
- Demonstrated good communication skills written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Capacity for independent and rational decision-making
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, team player and proactive
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
- We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
- Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
- Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.